This study may be a good fit for a student if:
- Are in either 4th or 5th grade
- Identify as transgender or non-binary
- They will be offered an opportunity to interview with a researcher for between 30 minutes to 1 hour about their experiences with school
- Please note that the parent or guardian will also be interviewed for this study for an additional 30 minutes
- They may be invited for a potential follow-up interview to ensure that their perspective is clearly reflected in the research
- Personally identifiable information about the student, family, or school will be stored securely and will not be shared outside of the research team. Pseudonyms will be used in any published research.
- There is no cost to the student or family
- The research team will make a donation to GLSEN, The Trevor Project, or the National Center for Transgender Equality based on the family’s preference as a “thank you” for their participation
- The interviews will take place online using the Zoom platform
- Parents or guardians may be present to support their student
To learn more or to volunteer, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-951-3126. I am happy to answer any questions you might have.
Research Study Flyer
Darrell Sampson (he/him/his), Doctoral Candidate
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
This post was edited to reflect a change in focus from Virginia to the entire United States.